Solo Trip to Bhutan by Road | Phuntsholing | How to get a permit for Indians | Why travel solo? |
HELLO MY PEOPLE. I'm visiting Bhutan solo by road, and this is the first video in the series. The nearest airport is Bagdogra airport although you can also fly Druk Airways and land directly at Paro (expensive option). From Bagdogra it takes about 5 hours to reach Phuntsholing by road and you can get a taxi from right outside the airport. At Phuntsholing border you will require a permit to visit beyond the 5 km border radius. The visa entry is otherwise free, but the permit is issued for 7 days based on some background checks and upon submission of the following documents -
1) Photocopy of your identity card - Passport/Voter's ID card
2) An immigration form that is provided at any shop near Immigration office
3) Proof of stay of onward journey (You will need confirmed proof of booking for atleast first night in Thimphu/Paro)
4) One passport size photograph
5) For all solo female travellers - Please write a hand written undertaking stating that you are responsible for your own safety and address it to The Immigration Officer, Immigration office, Phuntsholing Bhutan,
For getting a permit at the earliest, please reach the office at 8:30 am with all your documents and stand in a queue. The office opens at 9:00 am. In my case I got the permit within half hour because I arrived early.
For booking the same hotel that I stayed in, you can use the following link - https://www.booking.com/s/32_8/e9f2a7ab
You'll earn INR 700 on your booking once you book and stay at the hotel.
To stay in touch, Follow me on Social Media -
● Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tanyakhanijow/
● Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TanyaKhanijo...
● Twitter: https://twitter.com/TanyaKhanijow
● Website: https://www.tanyakhanijow.com/
▶ Check out my gear on Kit: https://kit.com/tanyakhanijow
Music - Available on Epidemic Sound
Sign up here - http://share.epidemicsound.com/q9Wtq
Video Edited on Premiere Pro CC 2019